Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I miss Baler!

BY Mc Wright IN No comments

This post should have been shown last April, as part of my summer diary, but I wasn't able to do so because I was busy then preparing for a trip in Jakarta. It might be too late to post this since it's not summer anymore, but  I still did, because I really loved one of my favorite places, Baler. 


It's so wonderful to treat ourselves in a very relaxing place and I bet all of you will agree with me. Though vacation takes many considerations especially in finance, I don't make it the sole reason why I cannot take a good-pampering-experience.


It was dawn of April 5 when we reached Baler, Aurora. We boarded the Genesis Bus for Quezon and it was so amazing that the fare was 450.00 pesos only. And since most of us were Graduate students, we received a good discount.

So some just paid 300.00 pesos, which is a very good privilege for commuters like us.

Note: Don't forget to bring your I.D :)


Before the travel date, we originally planned to take the Genesis' Exclusive Coach, Joy Bus, but unfortunately it was already fully-booked almost a week before we came to the Terminal Office. Just for everybody's info. the Joy bus is like a heaven-sent vehicle for commuters.

Here are some of the reasons why:


  • BUS STEWARDESS – You read it right! There's a bus stewardess who will cater your needs! 
  • ON BOARD COMFORT ROOM – This is wow! you don't need to wait for stop over to flush out whatever you need to. 
  • NO STOPOVERS – Since convenience is at hand at the bus, there is no need for stop over! This cuts the travel time for about 5 1/2 hours!. Amazing!
  • WIFI on BOARD – As you sit back and relax, you have the privilege to enjoy the free wifi while on board! This provides you unlimited happiness while watching your favorite youtube channels.  
  • FREE BLANKETS and PILLOWS – The bus provides free blankets and pillows to use if you ask. This adds comfort as you enjoy the bus' reclining seats.
  • FREE GOOD MORNING KIT – As if you are in a hotel because of this kit. haha!
The Gist
The province of Baler was identified by Google in 2009 as topping the list of beach destinations in the Philippines. In 2013, it was described by Yahoo!Southeast Asia  as one of the "top surf spots" in the Philippines. It has these Nine-feet waves which serve as its main tourist asset, attracting hundreds of surfers during the surfing season from the months of September to February. 


Aside from these, Baler has been known because of its "Mother falls" (which I really enjoyed!). As I remember it well, I have exerted effort and perseverance to see and experience this place.

It was not an easy journey to reach it because we need to climb the biggest stones I'd ever seen, walked with friends (with difficulty) while crossing the strong currents of water, and had to (without a choice) trek the mountain.





I even lost my newly bought pair of sun glasses because I was terrified to be left behind. 

This is where I lost it :(


 I
I honestly took deep breaths when I saw the first phase of the passage to the falls. I thought I was inside a film. (It reminded me the scenes from Jurassic Park, where big trunks of trees and oldest stones were everywhere.)

It was indeed beautiful!

We never missed the opportunity to witness the secret beauty of this province. Aside from the mother falls, we also visited other falls which we termed as "Sister-Daughter Falls" since it's shorter compared to  its Mother (haha!) 

I truly appreciated the presence of my friends. We truly enjoyed each other's company. We became much closer with one another and earned each other's trust.



Baler has so much to offer. I've been to a number of tourist spots, and without a doubt I can say that this place is incomparable and amazing!


 Because of the scorching heat of the sun, look at our skin tone! I suggest that the very first thing that you need to buy is a Sunscreen lotion, at least 50 SPF, to protect your skin.  



We never let go the opportunity to pose in front of the well-known biggest Balite tree in Asia. We were informed that 20 people were needed to fully embrace the tree. (Imagine, the diameter speaks why this tree is unique!)



Also, I never missed the moment to experience surfing! But wait, the surfboard was not in the mood to carry me. (so, selfie pa more! haha.)


We found this one of a kind grill-bar in one of the resorts in the place. It seemed impossible but it's true! It could cook and grill anything!


The scenic land near the beach was so captivating that I decided to sit and ask Mateo to take a good pic of me!



Even in Baler, we couldn't help to be researchers. (Preparations for Dissertations Lol!)

I really loved this shot! As if we were castaways and somebody from the chopper saw us! 

Baler has many historical landmarks. One of which is  Museo de Baler, which houses a number of artifacts and beautiful paintings. The facade shows historical wall carvings that  show the rich history of the province.  The statue of President Manuel L. Quezon is one of the attractions, as well. 




We were tired in this photo, but nobody declared to stop walking! We just came from the peak of the mountain-park where you could see the entire province. As we go here, we were informed by our tour guide that some artists from ABS-CBN led by Coco Martin also visited the place for their Teleserye shooting.Consequently reaching the place was difficult, since vehicles were not allowed in the place. We didn't have a choice but to take hundred stairs and walk for miles! (A good exercise, indeed!)




In Baler, I saw how God loves our country. I would definitely go back and find time to exprience this again and again! See you once more, Baler!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts with me :)

widget article

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...