Saturday, April 12, 2014

How I wish Every Girl Thinks She’s Fab!

BY Mc Wright IN No comments

Not known to many that in reality a number of Filipinos have been looking down themselves. Before, I didn't surely know where it all started, but there was a time when I heard in a class of Anthropology during my school days that Filipinos’ inferiority complex had been started since time immemorial.  Additionally, it was said that based on History, typical Filipino’s view about being beautiful was not that high because of their status. Yes. True, you have read it right that even before, the perception of “beauty” depends on the position of the person in the society. As an example, If you were a member of the Bourgeois, you value yourself more, which made you feel more attractive and superior. On the other hand, if you were just a member of the commoners, you would see yourself less and inferior.

Whether you agree or not, the Filipinos patronage of today’s beauty products has been influenced by history, and colonial mentality. And I guess Filipinos’ acceptance of these products started because of the belief that their beauty is less and needs to be enhanced.

Based on the recent Dove’s study, which is mentioned in Inquirer.net, only seven per cent (7%) of today's Filipino women feel that they look beautiful. This is quiet alarming and somehow worries me. How I wish that everybody feels good and beautiful every time she speaks, walks, and interacts with other people. Believe me or not, our perception on ourselves affects the way we socialize with other people and the way we treat others. For instance, if someone feels not beautiful her confidence might be at risked, this case will definitely make her down.  Conversely, in some cases, if a person feels very beautiful, she can carry herself very well and sometimes can affect the way she sees others. This has been shown in teleseryes, movies, commercials, and print materials, that if someone feels beautiful, it is easy to look down and be little other people. This is the sad reality of today. Beautiful = BIDA + “IN”, Ugly = Abused + “Out”.

How I wish time comes that everybody looks at her best every day, even without cosmetics, even without enhancer. How I wish people’s idea of “beautiful” is not just based on what he or she is seeing, because being beautiful is more than that.

How I wish everybody would realize that the sense of beauty is not the absence of ugliness but the presence of valuing one’s self and confidence. Confidence always depends on how you see and value yourself and it really matters.


Friends, stand straight and chin up. Show the world what you have. Your worth is not measured by the physical beauty. Your worth is more than that… more than what other people think about you.










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts with me :)

widget article

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...