Other men think that I am a biased writer with this article. (They might easily say that I
stereotyped, boxed and misjudged them.) But personally, I don’t mean any harm to my
co- species. In truth, I only want to disclose my thoughts about this question:
Why do men
choose to have multiple relationships?
We
may have hundreds of reasons, but I’ll stick to (what I think) the major ones.
Men
Men
In general,
men are usually viewed as the-not-so-ordinary members of human race. They
embody strength, which can overpower
anything. This has been proven true by our literature and history. Let’s accept
the fact that when we say “man” all qualities, which are coined to the word
“strong” are used to describe them. I
hope you notice that most of our superheroes (Local or International Films) and
even majority of our accepted life-heroes are men.
Why? I think because men are very open to his strength and capabilities. They are able to broadcast these and sometimes brag. In other words, men have no bars. And part of our society sees this as a good aspect of being a human. Although, sometimes, this has negative effects, still, we view man as someone who doesn't know how to say "NO" in showing his strength especially when in terms of the PHYSICAL aspect.
The idea of “portrayal of strength” is one of the reasons why some men would choose to have multiple partners. For them, having a number of girls in hand would mean being “ASTIG or STRONG = STRENGTH”. This is one of his ways to show that he has the “Guts” especially in “chicks or girls”. Though this is subjective, I still prefer to stick with this because more or less this is true to all men.
Why? I think because men are very open to his strength and capabilities. They are able to broadcast these and sometimes brag. In other words, men have no bars. And part of our society sees this as a good aspect of being a human. Although, sometimes, this has negative effects, still, we view man as someone who doesn't know how to say "NO" in showing his strength especially when in terms of the PHYSICAL aspect.
The idea of “portrayal of strength” is one of the reasons why some men would choose to have multiple partners. For them, having a number of girls in hand would mean being “ASTIG or STRONG = STRENGTH”. This is one of his ways to show that he has the “Guts” especially in “chicks or girls”. Though this is subjective, I still prefer to stick with this because more or less this is true to all men.
Love
Love is one
of the easiest words to define, but a difficult feeling to sustain. Since it is
easy to define and everyone can have his/her own definition based on what
he/she thinks and experiences, most of the times, this word has been taken for
granted.
In some occasions, when a man who is in a relationship meets somebody whom he thinks better-keep than his present girl, would decide to cheat on his partner because of his thoughts that: 1. the new girl embodies the lacking qualities of his present. 2. He feels better to be with this ”new” because he thinks that he is “in-love” and doesn’t want to forego such feeling. 3. He can love anybody more than his “present” as long as he keeps it well. Then, all of a sudden he would just say: Sana Dalawa and Puso ko.
In some occasions, when a man who is in a relationship meets somebody whom he thinks better-keep than his present girl, would decide to cheat on his partner because of his thoughts that: 1. the new girl embodies the lacking qualities of his present. 2. He feels better to be with this ”new” because he thinks that he is “in-love” and doesn’t want to forego such feeling. 3. He can love anybody more than his “present” as long as he keeps it well. Then, all of a sudden he would just say: Sana Dalawa and Puso ko.
But, does he
experience true love the second time around while having the “present” one?
I am sorry,
but I beg to disagree. What the man feels for the “new” one is not love at all,
because he might have been declaring this “true-love” since the very first time
that he met his “present”. Love in this case is taken for granted. That’s not
love. It can be attraction, temptation, or lust… but not LOVE.
Play
Another
reason why men usually go into more than one partnership is because they are
adventurous people. They usually like to engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation
and one of which is committing to multiple partnership. Some men see this as a
sort of enjoyment. This would give man temporary joy without thinking that it
destroys his “present”, the relationship, trust, future and himself. Playing is
innate to every man. I believe it is a part of everyone. So, it is just up to
the person on how to utilize this “PLAY(ful)” demeanour. And sad to say, some
of men use this inappropriately--in wrong time, in wrong place, and in wrong
way.
Men, love and play are simple points that would lead to worse scenarios between partners if do not handle with prudent care.
Men, love and play are simple points that would lead to worse scenarios between partners if do not handle with prudent care.
My hopes are with you that if time comes
that you experience these points from your bf, you know how to say: I should be
the only one.
photo (c) google
photo (c) google
Till next,

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to share your thoughts with me :)