The Story
My BFF, Mateo, called for a
dinner at Max’s Restaurant in Baclaran. For the sake of not breaking my diet
plan, I just asked for Max’s Fiesta:
A combo of Max’s quarter fried chicken with fresh Lumpiang Ubod, a Caramel bar,
bread and butter and a choice of soda or Ice tea.
Mat said that the amount of
calories from a regular rice-meal combo was tantamount to what I ordered. So, I decided not to consume the butter that was wrapped in foils and set it
aside. I did not order for dessert because looking at the food on the table I
guess I had so much.
Our conversation goes well and it
feels good that there’s someone who’s always there to hear your rants and
stories of the days. I’ve been so thankful for everything.
After the dinner, we decided to
order Spring Chicken for Papa. When it was handed to me, I thought of the
butter that I set aside on the table. I abruptly picked it up and put it on
Max’s paper bag.
When we separated our ways (Mat lives in Rizal) I had the
difficulty in finding a cab. Public Utility Vehicles were hard to find that
night. Luckily, there was this one that cut its trip and passed in the place
where I was standing.
In just a snap of the finger, the
jeep was already full. I felt bit dizzy. I guess I ate a lot again after 3 weeks
of not eating heavy meals. I was vegetarian on those weeks. (taray ni koya
diba?)
It took us 25 minutes before we passed
the heavy traffic in Barangay Baclaran. The driver was so excited every time he
saw the opportunity to drive faster. The passengers inside were busy on
chatting with their mates, some were texting and listening to music. Right after
we passed Baclaran, I immediately secured the Max’s bag and closed my eyes for
a power nap.
When the person next to me said
his “Para”,
I consciously looked around and realized that I needed to alight already since
I saw the convenience store, which was somehow near to the street where we
resided. I felt the urgency of abrupt action so I stood and hastily went down
the jeepney.
As I went down, I heard the old lady who
situated in front of me saying, “Ay! Hoy
hijo, ang imong pagkain nalaglag.”
Upon hearing that, I was about
not to mind her since I knew that I had my Max’s bag. But when I saw the foil
wrapper I was like saying: OMG! ‘yung
manok ko lumipad!
The Reason
All of them were in amazement.
And there I was still surprised on how things made us all happy in a moment. I
abruptly checked my Max’s paper bag. Then I saw the big hole in it and its
surface was covered by oil. Only to realize that the butter I put in it melted because
the chicken was too hot since it was newly cooked (How absurd that I didn't able to notice it first!) and it made the
paper weaker since the weight of the chicken was bit heavy.
I didn't know what happened to
the paper bag. When I checked it, I found that it was thick but then I realized
that perhaps the way the base was folded and pasted was not really that well.
The Lesson:
photo (c) google


The lesson part though HAHAHA I didn't learn anything but it was a good laugh :)
ReplyDeleteHaha! That's the best lesson I read today! lol.
DeleteLesson learned huwag ilagay ang butter sa paperbag
ReplyDeleteHaha! :) lalo na if may something na mainit sa loob ng paperbag. haha :)
Delete